Pages

A Gift of Love Fan Page

Thursday, May 11, 2017

Reading, Writing, Resting




It's been awhile since I wrote a blog post at BookOrBust. Confession: Save for my written list of things to do, I haven't written much of anything. Worse, the book I started reading two weeks ago, rests, with uncracked spine, on the end table. It's the one I promised I'd read in three days when I placed it there. Same goes for the novel I started writing. Yikes. Seems I always have a good excuse why I didn't write today; why I didn't read today; why I didn't do the things a healthy writer needs to do to work her craft--The dog ate my homework; the cat vomited a hairball on the living room sofa; the bathroom sink drain clogged and flooded the bathroom.

Today is a new day. It is Thursday. Outside my window there is blue sky and a bold breeze rattles the window pane. Soon as I hit Send, I'll set a clock timer for ten minutes, write like the wind, then get to the task of reading, writing, and blogging. After that, I'll get to the task of unclogging the bathroom sink drain and mopping the floor.

Happy Thursday Writers. You know the drill. Now get to it.

See you in print,

Linda Della Donna

Words of Inspiration: Success is not easy and it's not for the lazy. --EveryGirl

Writing Tip: Make time for writing. If only for ten minutes each day of the week. Same goes for reading. Make no excuses. Do it. Just do it.


They're rescues. Cute as heck.
Someone missed out on two good friends.
Signed: The Cat

1 comment:

khartist said...

I love this! It really speaks to me...I love to read and to write, but I also make a lot of excuses...thanks for reminding me of the importance to take time each day to use my creative muscle ;)