Pages

A Gift of Love Fan Page

Saturday, February 25, 2017

Be Happy, Be You, You're Beautiful Just the Way You Are

You're a diamond, dear. Nothing can break you.
--A boy friend



I attended parochial school when I was a small girl. Strict discipline tempered with religion, how to obey promptly, how to say, "Yes, Sister; No, Sister; Please, may I ..., Sister," and "Thank you, Sister," and oh yes, never question Sister, taught me fear--fear of authority, fear to express myself, fear of committing, oh horrors, sin and punishment by the devil.

That was a long time ago. I am a grown woman now. I've changed so very much. Looking back, I realize how difficult it was for me to conform. I was a square peg in round hole. And I wasn't very good at belonging to a club I didn't want to join.

But that was then. And this is now. And though it took me a lifetime of trials and errors to overcome my fear of writing, I did learn how to resist the urge to be like everyone else and to stop comparing myself to other writers. As Martha Stewart says, "It's a good thing."

Today I share quotations that have special meaning to me, words of inspiration that will perhaps motivate you to look inside yourself and discover the essential you. I hope they inspire you to erase your fear to write something.

Go ahead.

Pick up your pen.

Set a clock timer. Go!

I dare you.

See you in print,

Linda Della Donna
Come journal with me;
your book is yet to be.



Be true to yourself. --Grace Della Donna, my mother.


You're beautiful, just the way you are. --Frank Della Donna, My dad.


Don't compromise yourself. You're all you've got. --Janis Joplin


Nobody puts Baby in the corner. --Patrick Swayze, Dirty Dancing


When writing the story of our life, don't let anyone else hold the pen. --Anonymous


I'd rather be disliked for something I am, than liked for something I'm not. --Linda Della Donna



Hanging at Main Street Garage





No comments: