Pages

A Gift of Love Fan Page

Friday, January 13, 2017

Grand Central Station, I [Heart] NY, Have Pen Will Write



Grand Central Station


Grand Central Station is a favorite destination of mine. I like that I live a short train ride away. I like that I can sit at a table, sip a cup of coffee, people watch and write. Sometimes another writer joins me. The rule is no talking, only writing.

Yesterday, I did that. As Martha Stewart says, "It's a good thing."

At Grand Central, amid the hustle and bustle of the busy business man, harried traveler and silly sightseer, there is inspiration to capture imagination and fuel my pen.

When my afternoon of writing was done, my reward was meetup with a different friend for dinner and fun evening of sightseeing.

Here are a few photos. I hope you enjoy viewing them as much as I enjoyed living them.

On the ride into NYC I spied these cool socks on the man seated
across the aisle from me, sparking inspiration for a perhaps a fun title,
The Man on the Train.

Manhattan. At night.
Awesome sight.
What can I say? I love concrete.
And the reason I [heart] NY.

The Hustle and Bustle.

Grand Central was the backdrop
for this delicious newly married couple's
wedding photo shoot.
Last night I got the nerve and laid on the floor
to snap this photo of Grand Central's iconic ceiling.
And no, nobody noticed. Nobody cared.
Another reason why I [heart] NY.
Waiting for my date at the Big Clock
for a night on the town.
Everyone meetsup at the Information Booth.


Writing Tip: Find a place to write. Mark your calendar, set a time just like you'd mark it for a dentist or doctor appointment and keep that appointment. Invite a writer friend to join you. Then write like the wind. When your appointment is done, reward yourself. Writing is hard work.

Writing Quote: Writing is the painting of the voice. --Doris Lesser


See you in print,

Linda Della Donna
Come write with me. Your book is yet to be.
#AGOL



No comments: