Pages

A Gift of Love Fan Page

Saturday, January 14, 2017

The Bye Bye Man, Don't Think It, Don't Say It, A Review

Don't think it. Don't say it.
Don't worry. I won't.
Rating: 4 BookOrBust Books

Last night I saw the movie, The Bye Bye Man. From what I could tell, The Bye Bye Man is the grim reaper with a hungry dog. If you say the The Bye Bye Man's name, well, too bad for you, now he's somehow inside your head and you become tortured with fake news. Then you die. Then the hungry dog eats you up. The only means of keeping The Bye Bye Man at bay is to repeat words, Don't think it, don't say it ( prayer?). I watched as three main characters, desperate to save a life, their own, repeated these words, again, again, again, and again.  Spoiler Alert: It didn't work.

With the exception of one time, I have never given a bad review, and that review was a result of contracting a case of food poisoning from eating off a food truck at a public event. Out of respect to venue, actor, author, artist, butcher, baker or candlestickmaker, I strive for the good, better and great in another's hard work. The Bye Bye Man left me wondering about the author, movie producers, film maker, director and the actors--What were they thinking? What am I missing? Is it me?

I liken the entire experience to my case of food poisoning--painful. My one excuse for seeing this movie was a search for distraction from my work. For this reason, and this reason alone, The Bye Bye Man filled the bill and thus scores 4 BookOrBust books.

To The Bye Bye Man and it's ad infinitum ad nauseum message, Don't See It, Don't Say It, Don't worry, I won't, and you shouldn't either.


See you in print,


Linda Della Donna
Come journal with me, your book is yet to be.

No comments: