Pages

A Gift of Love Fan Page

Tuesday, January 31, 2017

ADK, Lake Placid, Travel Tuesday

Mirror Lake
Lake Placid, NY


Today is Travel Tuesday. Not really. I made it up. But now that I have your attention...



It's a five hour drive from where I live.
I take I-87 North to Exit 27. 
This puts me in Albany on 
the Adirondack Northway. 
From there I take exit 30 to 9N. 
I go 2 miles to Route 73. 
On Route 73, I drive 28 miles.


Welcome to Lake Placid, the sport capital of the world, the site of two winter Olympics, and a place near and dear to my ski heart.

Here's a few photos I placed in my journal. I hope you enjoy viewing them as much as I enjoyed snapping them.


Temperature is 20 below. Will Big Blue start?
Big Blue is my car. You betcha!


While Big Blue warms up, I start my day--Ahhh, Breakfast.


Whiteface Mountain
Can't wait to hit the slopes.


A trip to Lake Placid isn't complete without a trip to see
The Candy Man to purchase a bag of home made chocolate.


Lake Placid Public Library is a favorite destination.
Pssst, there is a copy of A Gift of Love on a shelf
in the autobiography section.
I have no idea who put it there. ; )


Main Street facing North.


The view from the hotel.





The road back to the hotel.


See you in print,

Linda Della Donna
Come journal with me; your book is yet to be.





Writing Tip: Live. Love. Dream. Write. Carry that cell phone wherever you go. Snap photos.

Writing Quotation: The road to hell is paved with works-in-progress. --Philip Roth


No comments: