Pages

A Gift of Love Fan Page

Friday, November 4, 2016

Walter Cronkite, American Journalist, Happy 100th Birthday

"I am neither Republican nor Democrat.
I am a registered independent because
 I find that I cast my votes not on the basis of party loyalty
but on the issues of the moment
and my assessment of the candidates."
Walter Cronkite
11/4/1916 - 7/17/2009





I remember Walter Cronkite. 

Today marks the 100th birthday of American broadcaster and journalist, Walter Cronkite.

Though I wasn't around for Cronkite's early years, I remember watching him deliver the evening news on television as a kid. I remember his velvet voice and his handsome looks that only improved with age. 

I remember that fateful November 22, 1963--the assassination of John F. Kennedy--and I will never forget seeing Walter Cronkite choke back tears as he delivered the heartbreaking news our President was dead.

Here's  to Walter Cronkite. Happy Birthday to a man who earned the world's respect "through hard work, a passion for accuracy, and an insistence on impartiality (being neutral)."




See you in print,

Linda Della Donna


Writing Tip: Choose a mentor. It can be a celebrity, someone famous, someone you admire and aspire to be like. Follow their journey. Emulate the qualities you like about them.Try to figure out how they did it and let that person be your guide.

Writing Quote: "As you write, never let a lot of 'oughts' block you: I ought to be more humorous, more Leftist, more like Ernest Hemingway, more bitingly satirical. Then it shows. That spoils it. It will not be alive, but dead."--Brenda Ueland, "If You Want to Write."

No comments: