Pages

A Gift of Love Fan Page

Thursday, November 3, 2016

Anthony Rizzo, World Series, Game 7, NaNoWriMo


Anthony Rizzo
Photography Credit: Getty




Tuesday night my cell phone rings.

Caller says, "Is this Linda?"

I say, "Yes."

"Linda Della Donna, author of 'A Gift of Love?'"

I say, "Yes. Yes."

I can hardly hear the faraway female voice on the other end. 

I say, "Can you please SPEAK UP? WE HAVE A BAD CONNECTION."

"Well," Caller says. 

"MY NAME IS LAURIE RIZZO, ANTHONY RIZZO'S MOTHER AND I JUST WANT TO TELL YOU THAT I LOVED YOUR BOOK."

"THANK YOU," I say.

"THE REASON I AM CALLING IS TO INVITE YOU TO GAME 7. TOMORROW NIGHT MY TONY IS PLAYING AND I WANT YOU WITH ME, AS MY GUEST. THERE IS A SEAT RESERVED ESPECIALLY FOR YOU BEHIND THE CUBS' DUGOUT! ..."



...Well, not really. But now that I got your attention, I am just stopping by to say hello, wish you well with NaNoWriMo and remind you about the hook--When you are writing that first chapter, remember to grab your reader's attention RIGHT AWAY! Make your reader read what you just wrote.

Happy Writing!

See you in print,


Linda Della Donna


Writing Quote: If a writer is true to his characters they will give him his plot. Observations must play second fiddle to integrity."--Phyllis Bottome

  

1 comment:

Crystal Collier said...

LOL!! You totally had me going. Oh my. Whew! When the creativity gets on a roll, eh?