Pages

A Gift of Love Fan Page

Monday, October 31, 2016

The Front Page, Sardi's, I Heart New York

Did you know, "The Front Page," starring Nathan Lane, John Goodman, John Slattery, Jefferson Mays, Holland Taylor, Sherie Rene Scott and Robert Morse is playing at the Broadhurst Theatre in New York City?

Yes!

And guess what? Yours Truly was there Saturday night. If you were lucky enough to snatch a seat in the sold-out performance, I was the speechless gal seated all up close and personal, The Orchestra, front and center, third row from stage.

Nathan Lane portrays Walter Burns and he is everything I believed him to be. AND MORE! Funny. No. Make that Hilarious! *Note that capital "H." Talk about comedic timing.

John Goodman as Sheriff Hartman left me breathless. I can't believe how much weight he lost and his stunning good looks. Oh yes, and I can't not mention his velvet voice. Really. That man can thunder a whisper and reach the back of the theater. Effortlessly!

John Slattery as Hildy Johnson delivers a super performance, as does Holland Taylor, Dann Florek, Robert Morse and the entire cast of characters in The Front Page.

"The Front Page" is Limited Engagement and in town for 14 weeks. If at all possible, beg, borrow, buy, or steal a ticket. Just do it. But make sure to see this awesome show. Or, do like I did, accept an invitation from a Prince Charming.






I always keep a souvenir.
And this show is a keeper!

The marquis.
Gotta love New York.
I know I do.

No reservation?
No problem. Flash a smile.
Voila! Got a table.
*grin*

Sardi's. Yes, I love a souvenir.
Though I didn't steal the menu,
I snapped a photo.

There is a story behind all
the photos on the wall.
You'll need to Google that one.

It was the end of a perfect evening.
I'm still wearing the buzz.

No comments: