Pages

A Gift of Love Fan Page

Monday, October 10, 2016

Second Presidential Debate, Donald Trump, Hillary Clinton, Pot, Kettle, Kettle, Pot...



Eenie Meenie Miney Moe.


Choices.

Life is all about choices. When we stop having a choice, we are dead. Or, are we?

Election time is here and my fellow Americans and myself are faced with the choice of picking one of two candidates running for the highest office in our land--President of the United States of America--and voting for one of them in less than 28 days.

The candidates, in alphabetical order, are Hillary Clinton and Donald Trump.

Last night I got to see the two candidates meetup at the second Presidential Debate, held at Longwood University, Farmville, VA. Instead of editorializing, commenting or taking part in the national brew-ha-ha and media frenzy, this Independent voter turns to favorite quotations that cross my mind as I struggle with my decision.

Quotations are my tonic and what I turn to whenever I am troubled, happy, sad, mournful, miserable, gleeful, sick sicker sickest, alone, lonesome, lonely, or jubilant at a new tomorrow and the prospect of beginning a brand new day.

I hope you enjoy reading these quotations as much as I enjoyed collecting them.

See you in print,

Linda Della Donna
Author of A Gift of Love



When people show you who they are, believe them the first time. --Maya Angelou

Hate. It has caused a lot of problems in this world, but it has not solved one yet. --Maya Angelou

Judging a person does not define who they are. It defines who you are. --Anonymous

Go ahead. Judge me. Just remember to be perfect the rest of your life. --Anonymous

Everyone makes mistakes in life, but that doesn't mean they have to pay for them the rest of their life. Sometimes good people make bad choices. It doesn't mean they're bad. It means they're human. --Anonymous

Let him who is without sin cast the first stone. --Jesus Christ

To err is human. To forgive divine. --Alexander Pope

Boys will be boys. --Anonymous

When they go low, we go high. --Michelle Obama

This election, we're all in a ditch. --TMZ Guest

Don't make me get my flying monkeys. --from the book, The Wizard of Oz, by Frank L. Baum

Toto, I've a feeling we're not in Kansas any more. --from the book, "The Wizard of Oz," by Frank L. Baum

Politics, as a trade finds most and leaves nearly all dishonest. --Abraham Lincoln

Shame is worse than death. --Proverb

I'd rather eat crumbs with bums than eat steaks with snakes. --Anonymous

Stupid--Knowing the truth, seeing the truth, and still believing in lies. --Anonymous

Be happy and smile. -- Off a photo on the internet




No comments: