Pages

A Gift of Love Fan Page

Wednesday, October 19, 2016

Quotations on Relationships, Ghosting and Love




I had planned to write on Westchester Wednesday today. I had snapped a few photographs and typed up a few lines, too, but I experienced difficulty uploading my photographs. My laptop kept crashing. I have no idea why. After two hours and many failed attempts, I gave up. 

The force just wasn't with me. 

So I reached inside my mailbag--I get letters, I get letters, I get stacks and stacks of letters--Often I receive letters from widows and widowers and hopeless romantics about dating and failed relationships, so today I share quotations on that.

May they inspire and guide you as you travel your life's journey. I hope that you enjoy reading them as much as I have enjoyed collecting them.

See you in print,

Linda Della Donna






“When people can walk away from you, let them walk. I don’t care how wonderful they are, I don’t care how attracted you are to them, I don’t care what they did for you 20 years ago, I don’t care what the situation is. When people can walk away from you, let them walk – because your destiny is not tied to the person who left.” -- The Mirror of Aphrodite

Make a list of people who inspire or deplete you. Draw a big 'X' through the people on the deplete list. Now go cultivate the relationships you want. -- James Russel

When a person shows you who they are, believe it! -- Dee's Dating Diary

...If he's the kind of guy who feels okay about just disappearing from your life, you've gotta be the kind of woman who loves herself and respects herself (even if he doesn't) enough to let him stay gone. -- The Conversation

If a guy has had sex with a former girlfriend, he'll think it won't take as much time and effort to have sex with her again. Keep in mind that a guy who texts or calls, even if you've been intimate or in a relationship, may have called/texted three or four other girls and is just waiting to see which one will pan out. -- Marie Claire

It usually starts with a simple text. 'Hey stranger' or 'hey there.' It's short and simple, but leaves you scratching your head. -- Reappearing Act

Here's the thing about love, it's hard to put into words. --Your Tango





No comments: