Pages

A Gift of Love Fan Page

Tuesday, October 25, 2016

Catskills, Autumn Foliage, Road Trip




Most all my friends are gone,
live someplace far away,
or their mother says
they can't come out and play.
--Linda Della Donna



Last week I drove to Upstate New York. I wanted to see autumn leaves the colors of cinnamon, chocolate, amber, and golden orange pressed into the landscape. I wanted to inhale the pristine mountain air, check out places of retreat and nurture my muse.

I snapped some photos.

Today I share.

I hope you enjoy viewing them as much as I enjoyed snapping them.

See you in print,

Linda Della Donna


I stopped in Richmondville and admired this spectacular view.



These next three photographs were snapped high in the Catskill Mountains somewhere in Fulton, NY.





















These photos were taken in Sharon Springs. 
No tall buildings here,
no traffic, either.
Just an acre of water
and land, land, land, as far as
the eye can see.



I stopped to admire this home
and its magnificent views.
Surrounded by nature,
I pondered what it would be
like living someplace else.
Someplace with no neighbors,
or honking horns, or city sounds.
Ahhh, serenity now.

These doggies didn't
even look up when
I stopped the car and
yelled, "YooooHooooo, Mooooo!"
The house attached
to this sign was tempting.
Just my luck.
I checked.
Broker said, "It was 'Pending.'"

Nobody around for miles.
I wondered who placed this bench here.
And why?
Bambi? Thumper?
Endless sky and brilliant
colors. 
Isn't Mother Nature Grand?


It was time to get on the road and head
south, back to concrete, traffic and city sounds.
Time to grab a bite to eat. This is a photo
of a car parked in front of the diner
in Schoharie, NY.

Homeward bound.
















The E, my faithful
pal and muse.



Writing Quote: "There isn't a writer who gets an editor to consider his work or, better yet, a real live publishing contract from a press, who doesn't fantasize that his work  might take the world by storm."--"The Forest for the Trees," by Betsy Lerner

Writing Tip: Stay in the present. Focus on the NOW when working a writing project. Only staying in the NOW will let you create. Anything else, the past or the future, will prevent you from being able to write.


2 comments:

Crystal Collier said...

Super beautiful! We lived there before moving to Florida. It was too cold. Beautiful but cold.

Linda Della Donna said...

Crystal Collier, Nice of you to read my blog and leave a comment. I didn't know you lived up north. Yes, it is beautiful but cold. I look forward to learning about your area down sunny Florida.

Linda Della Donna