Pages

A Gift of Love Fan Page

Wednesday, July 13, 2016

Marshlands Conservancy, Whaddyaknow. It's Westchester Wednesday!

Westchester County Marshlands Conservancy, Rye, New York
It's a beautiful day in the neighborhood. --Mr. Rogers




I took a walk and recorded it in photographs. It was a sunny autumn day and the place I walked was the Westchester County Marshlands Conservancy. 

Located at 220 Boston Post Road, Rye, NY 10580, the Westchester County Marshlands Conservancy is a 147-acre wildlife sanctuary diverse with forest, meadow, salt marsh, 1/2 mile shore line and three miles of trails and one of the few in New York accessible to the public for study and enjoyment.

The following are some of my photographs. I hope you enjoy viewing them as much as I enjoyed snapping them.



Near the entrance, I passed a flock of wild turkeys pecking the earth. More than 230 species of birds have been sited at the Conservancy by birdwatchers.


The trails wind for 3 miles.


The Conservancy is a peaceful and refreshing place to meditate, reflect, and recharge your batteries. Best of all, you don't need a passport, or airplane ticket to get there.


... The only sounds I heard on my visit were the crunch-crunch of leaves and snap of twigs beneath my feet and the chatter of birds in the trees.


I spied remnants of a stone wall and stopped to wonder, who built this?


Here is a path that seemingly winds forever.



... And ever.

I discovered a plain granite marker. This must be the place. Right?


This is a view of the Long Island Sound.





This is another view.



I inhaled. I exhaled. I made friends with a snowy bloom. This is her photo. Sorry. No selfies.

Just look at this field of Golden Rod. It rolls seamlessly for as far as the eye can see.


I snapped this photo because it reminded me of the colors of a rainbow. What do you think?


I thought I saw a deer whiz past. Shucks. I missed him.


I love the water. I love the way it ripples in a cool breeze. I love the buffalo clouds that roll above it. I love the salt air on my skin and in my nose as I inhale and exhale.


I end my photography share-session with this private view from a private beach at the Westchester Marshlands Conservancy.



See you in print,


Linda Della Donna
Come journal with me,
your book is yet to be.


Writing Quotation:

"The poetry of earth is never dead." --John Keats, "On the Grasshopper and Cricket."

Writing Tip:

Inspiration walks on little tip toes. Let it find you. Be ready to welcome it. Sit quiet, open your notebook, pick up your pen and simply write.


Information:

Westchester Marshlands Conservancy
220 Boston Post Road
Rye, New York 10580
914-835-4466
147-acre wildlife sanctuary
Nature Hours: 9 a.m. - 5 p.m., Wednesday - through Sunday & most Holidays
Call ahead to make sure Nature Center Staff is available.
Fridays they may be involved in biodiversity studies.
July through Mid-August - Open 7 days, 9 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Trails Open: Dawn to Dusk

No comments: