Pages

A Gift of Love Fan Page

Wednesday, March 23, 2016

Painting with a Twist, Westchester Wednesday, and the Canvas in My Mind



Life's journey is like a blank canvas.
How we paint it depends on the colors we choose.  --Me.




Today is Westchester Wednesday.

Westchester Wednesday is that day in the week when this writer gives back to a community she knows and loves.

So here goes:


Looking for a fun activity?-- That someplace special to go to inspire you, plus engage your brain, heart, and hand while meeting new people and making new friends?

Well, listen up, because I know of just such a place.

Meet Painting with a Twist

Located at 365 Central Park Avenue, Scarsdale, recently I paid a visit to this establishment. And I'm so glad I did.

Today I share photos of my visit and the fun time I had.

I hope you enjoy viewing my photos as much I enjoyed living them.


These are the rules.



Painting with a Twist
begins at 7:00 p.m.
I arrived a 1/2 hour early
to get a good seat.
And to meet and greet people.

Each day is a new beginning--
A different painting subject.
This night the subject was Cherry Blossoms.

I love that I started with a blank canvas,
that paint is provided also, And I got to
see my name on a plate indicating my seat.
I felt so special!

In addition to canvas and paint,
a painter, That's ME!, gets use of
painting supplies--Water Cup, and two
paint brushes--A Papa brush and a MaMa brush.

This is a photo of one very friendly classmate.
Mea culpa, I forgot her name.

During the course of the evening,
Painting with a Twist gives several breaks.
This is a photo of a group of ladies
celebrating a birthday.
Friendliest, brightest, best group of
ladies ever!
When the evening ended,
I had a completed painting, met people, and
made new friends. Plus I had great fun!
I hated to leave.



If you would like to learn more about Painting with a Twist, or perhaps pay a visit to paint a picture of your own, maybe celebrate a happy birthday occasion, or some other fun time with your group of friends, or do what I did, go it alone, here is the skinny:

Painting with a Twist
365 Central Park Avenue
Scarsdale, NY 10583
914-468-6868

Just pick a date and one of 6,000 paintings offered.
BYOB -- Bring Your Own Beverage
Experienced artists guide you to paint your beautiful work of art.

Offers Private parties, children's birthday parties, bachelorette parties, bridal showers, bridal luncheons, couples nights, office parties, team buildings, and any other reason to party!

Canvas, paint and brushes provided with purchase.

No experience necessary!


No comments: