Pages

A Gift of Love Fan Page

Wednesday, February 17, 2016

Favorite Quotations: This is Dedicated to the Widows I Have Come to Know

I love quotations. 



As a widow, favorite quotations have become my mantra. I speak them out loud to myself--different ones at different times as I plod aimlessly forward in my quest for peace and tranquility and love in my new life since burying my soulmate.

In good times, bad times, happy times, times of joy and sadness, and sometimes in sheer boredom, a quotation snipped from my secret file, aids to soothe my battered beaten broken heart. 

Better than a sip of wine, or a drag on a cigarette, a special favorite quotation will help disspell the anguish, quell the confusion, celebrate the happy occasion, or simply bandaid the hurt inside me. Well, almost. Okay. Maybe. Or not. 

In any event, today I share. 

I hope you enjoy reading the following quotations that have special meaning to me as much as I have enjoyed collecting them and saving them to share with you here at BookOrBust.

Dear Widow Friends: 

Here's to us, to our trials, our tribulations, our good times gone forever, our new good times gone awry, our disappointments and our steadfast faith in moving forward in search of peace, love, joy, and living life to its fullest!:


Never push a loyal person to the point where they no longer care. --the idealist

The day I lost you, I lost me. --Grief the Unspoken

What I've survived might kill you. --Anonymous

Even though the outside is broken and wrinkled with age...It's still me in here. --Laughing with a mouthful of coffee

We love them. We miss them. We grieve them. And so, we live our lives to make them proud. --MISSFoundation.Org

Today, I am missing my husband. --Every widow I ever met.

Death is not the greatest loss in life. The greatest loss is what dies inside us while we live. --Norman Couins

You realize how much you truly miss someone when something happens, good or bad, and the only person you want to tell is the one person who isn't there. --Hplyrikz.com

Being someone's first love may be great, but to be their last is beyond perfect. --Anonymous

Whenever you find yourself doubting how far you can go, just remember how far you have come. Remember everything you have faced, all the battles you have won, and all the fears you have overcome. --Unknown

I know I'm broken, but I don't need to be fixed, just loved. --StayingAliveisNotEnough

and in closing:

What do you say to the woman
you've broken down emotionally,
destroyed her ability to trust,
force fed her lies, and neglected
the heart in which she gave unto
you?

Nothing. You say nothing.

An apology won't put out the fire
you set. You simply move out of 
the way and stop blocking the
view of someone better. You
stop distracting her from her
soulmate. That's what you do. --R. H. Sin



1 comment:

Barbara Mertus said...



Beautiful Post Linda! Thank you for all of the quotes you put in here. What a journey our lives are.