Pages

A Gift of Love Fan Page

Friday, May 15, 2015

Signs, Favorite Quotations



There is sunshine where I live today, a cloud the color of coal graphs the sky, a sign that a thunderstorm is headed my way. In the distance the faint sound of a train whistle blows, a sign that MetroNorth, the train from Brewster is passing through a local station and headed to Grand Central; a fire engine screams loud louder loudest, a sign that somewhere in the neighborhood there is fire. I feel the beat of my heart, a sign that I am alive.

Signs.

They are everywhere.

We have only to wake up and read them.

Today I share words of wisdom, a smattering of words to help guide your pen, perhaps motivate and inspire you to put words on paper. I hope you enjoy reading them as much as I have enjoyed collecting them.


Now go write something. I dare you.


Linda Della Donna
Come journal with me, you're book is yet to be. 



Signs:

If you feel like you're being used, you're very likely being used--friendship or a relationship feels and looks like friendship or a relationship. Using, looks and feels like using. --Natalie (NML)

Life is one big road with lots of signs. So when you are riding through the ruts, don't complicate your mind. Flee from hate, mischief and jealousy. Don't bury your thoughts, put your vision to reality. Wake up and live! --Bob Marley

I don't look for signs. But when things happen, I say, 'Okay, something must be right.' Or, 'Okay, something must be wrong.' --Lil Wayne

For business reasons, I must preserve the outward signs of sanity. --Mark Twain

Tenderness and kindness are not signs of weakness and despair, but manifestations of strength and resolution. --Kahlil Gabran


Note to ELS on that 11th and 26th anniversary: Thanks for the memories.