Pages

A Gift of Love Fan Page

Friday, May 29, 2015

My Camera Gets Around, Day 50 of Writing Challenge, and I Love NY


It is Day 50 of writer S's 100 days' daily writing challenge. When not fingerhugging my pen doing that writing thing and penning my journey, I am out and about snapping photos of my fun things to do living my journey.

This week I am in Manhattan meeting new people, networking, keeping a new appointment, making new friends, and doing that exploration thing. I trained into Grand Central Station, a favorite place of mine and stopped to study the star studded ceiling; On my way to the West side, I passed by the New York Public Library, and the Kneeling Firefighter Monument. I passed the Empire State Building and couldn't resist the urge to just stop to take in the view. It was a glorious day.

Anyway, I snapped a few photographs of my joy-filled day. I hope you enjoy viewing them as much as I enjoyed taking them.

Grand Central Station is a favorite destination of mine.
I sat on a step with morning cup of coffee and cinnamon bun
enjoying the parade of people. This was the view.
Ahhh, the hustle and bustle of it all.



New York Public Library
I was in a hurry for my appointment, but couldn't resist
snapping the place where Ghostbusters was filmed.

The stone lion.
Note the busking guitar player on left.

The Kneeling Firefighter Monument
Dedicated to 9/11 Firemen


The story of  the Kneeling Fireman.
Lest we never forget 9/11



 Inside the Empire State Building.
The sites are incredible. Every view,
inside and out is awesome.


Empire State Building 's stellar entrance.


 This is the top of the Empire State building.
All I can say is, "Wow!"

The view!






Writing Tip:

Be open to inspiration. It is all around you. We have only to keep our eyes open, carry a pen and notepad, and camera to record our journey.


Writing Quote:

"'I think you should go, said Maggie.
'Just think how far you'll be able to see from way up there.'"--Highlights magazine, July 2013


No comments: