Pages

A Gift of Love Fan Page

Friday, March 20, 2015

Friday Fun, Facing the Blank Page, and March Madness


Facing the blank page.

It's a new day. It's Fun Friday!

Not really, but now that I have your attention...

Today I sit in my favorite writing place ready to take up my daily writing challenge of #continuous practice. Continuous practice is when I sit quiet and do a daily writing practice for twenty minutes every day for 100 days.

I like writing practice. Writing practice is fun. It is the grip on the tiny shovel in my wee brain that digs deep to the good stuff.

My favorite thing about writing practice are the rules.

Except for one, there are none.

In writing practice there is no right way to write; there is no wrong way to write. There is just your way.

In writing practice a writer has permission to let fingers fly across a keyboard, or my favorite, fingerhug a fast writing pen and write like the wind.

In writing practice there is no back spacing, no deleting, no stopping of any kind for any reason.

In writing practice the internal editor is ignored and even if a bomb goes off the only rule is to keep the hand moving.

Now I'm off to celebrate March and the madness of more snow and do my twenty minutes of writing practice.

See you in print,

Linda Della Donna


Words of Inspiration:

Follow your dream wherever it leads you.

In the late 1950s a TV/film writer named Dale Wasserman went to Madrid to research a movie. The local press mistakenly reported that he was there to write a play about Don Quixote. The rumor sparked Wasserman's curiosity. He became so interested in Quixiote and author Miguel Cervantes that he traveled through Spain, retracing their steps. This inspired him to write a TV drama called "I, Don Quixote," which aired in 1959. And in the 1960s, he expanded it into Man of La Mancha--one of the most successful musicals in Broadway history.


Photos of Favorite Writing Space:





No comments: