Pages

A Gift of Love Fan Page

Sunday, December 7, 2014

Today, Letting Go, Getting a Little Writing Done



It's a beautiful day in the neighborhood.


There is sunshine outside my window today. There is a cold wind. It rattles the window panes. Pretend Kitty curls round as a button in the corner of the sofa on a blanket made of wool. In the distance I can hear the faint sound of a train whistle, a sign that MetroNorth is passing through a nearby station and is on its way to Grand Central.

Today marks first day I am up, out of bed, not running a fever and have a voice. Yippee! I can talk above a whisper, again. Seems the illness that gripped me for more than one week, thanks to modern medicine, is at long last letting go.

Today, I plan to get outdoors.

I have countless errands to run--Big Blue needs gas. *Big Blue is my car.*

Little Red needs to be garaged. *Little Red is my other car.*

Tommy needs a cookie. *Tommy is the horse I adore.*

And, oh, yes, a story for children needs writing. *I am on deadline.*

This past week, I was ill, and nothing got done. So, today, is a good day.

I plan to celebrate my good fortune.

Perhaps a ticket to Manhattan to visit a museum, shop for that special Christmas tree ornament for H and Z, or make a new friend.

See you in print,

Linda Della Donna
"Come journal with me, your book is yet to be."


Writing Tip:

Writing on deadline can be stressful. Be sure to reward yourself. When you get a little writing done, do something special, especially for you.

Writing Quote:

It is a good thing...to read books of quotations...The quotations, when engraved upon memory, give you good thoughts. They also make you anxious to read the authors and look for more.--Wiinston Churchill

No comments: