Pages

A Gift of Love Fan Page

Saturday, November 8, 2014

Mr. Rogers, Pretend Kitty, and Writing Practice




It's a beautiful day in the neighborhood. -- Mr. Rogers



The sun is shining brightly today. The sky is cloudless. A brisk breeze fills the air. Through an open window, I can hear the hum of traffic--passing cars and the giant roar of a fire engine. There is a no-pet rule where I live. Hate no-pet rule, so I just pretend to have a cat. His name is Tux, a.k.a., Pretend Kitty. Pretend Kitty is curled round as a button on a chair as I type, purring contentedly. Truly, it is a beautiful day in the neighborhood.

...And I am grateful.

In a little while I will begin my new writing day. Cold weather brings out the writer in me. It's back to writing practice. Back to combing the markets for work, and writing best I can.

See you in print,

Linda Della Donna
"...And sometime when I wasn't looking, I got a new life."



Writing Tip:

Everyone needs time to nurture their muse. Give yourself permission to take a break--from social media and all that it entails. It often helps to push back from the laptop, desktop computer, and quell the cell phone. Make a date to return to the blank page, er, computer screen, and do it. Just do it.




No comments: