Pages

A Gift of Love Fan Page

Thursday, May 22, 2014

Upper Red Hook, NY: Book signing, St. John's Reformed Church, and Walkway Over the Hudson


"A friend is a present you give yourself."--Emerson



I drove Big Blue to Upper Red Hook yesterday. Big Blue is my car. Upper Red Hook is where St. John's Reformed Church is located. And yesterday, I was honored author guest of that delightful parish.

I met with newly-widowed and not so newly-widowed women.

What a treat. I am very grateful.

Today I share a few snapshots of my day. I hope you enjoy viewing them as much as I enjoyed living them.

See you in print,


Linda Della Donna
Author of A Gift of Love



The drive up the Taconic Parkway was peaceful and serene. It lasted one hour and forty-five minutes from where I live. I counted four state trooper cars hiding in the bushes and passed two cars.


This is St. John's Reformed Church. It is a beautiful church. I thoroughly enjoyed my visit. I felt so special!

I couldn't resist snapping a photo of the cemetery at St. John's Reformed Church. I find a cemetery a most relaxing place to visit. This cemetery was no exception.


This is a photo of a the bulletin board at St. John's. If you look close, you will see it honors A Gift of Love and its author, me. *yes, I cried*


Here are the newly-widowed and not so newly-widowed ladies I met. *They liked me. They really liked me.*

After my author presentation, Beverly Kipp and I drove to Poughkeepsie and took a breathtaking walk across the  Walkway Across the Hudson. The view was spectacular. If a photo says one thousand words, then the following photos speak volumes.









Poughkeepsie train station as seen from above.



A little back story: On the afternoon of December 31, 2003, I cupped my hands over my face, leaned into a wall, and sobbed. I was standing outside my husband's room in a hospital in Westchester County. I had just learned he had a terminal illness. While friends and family members and nurses and doctors were preparing for a happy new year's eve celebration, I was realizing my days as Ed Sclier's wife were numbered and feeling sorry for myself. It was at that moment I felt a hand on my shoulder and next thing I knew I was in the arms of an angel-widow-woman--Beverly Kipp--We are friends ever since. Yesterday, we reunited. It was Beverly Kipp who arranged for my author presentation at St. John's Reformed Church in Upper Redhook and walked with me across the Hudson. Thank you most sincerely, Beverly Kipp. Thank you wonderful ladies of St. John's.

The above is a photo of me and my angel friend, Beverly Kipp. *Beverly is the Big Dog minus her wings* ;)



Life's Tip:

Don't be afraid to reach out and touch someone.




No comments: