Pages

A Gift of Love Fan Page

Monday, May 12, 2014

Quotations: Things People Say


It's a beautiful day in the neighborhood. 


Sky. I love sky.

People. I love people.

And the place where I sit writing today's blog post has plenty of both. Guess I'll have another cup of coffee, enjoy the view, and listen.

See you in print,

Linda Della Donna
Author of A Gift of Love



I often wonder do cell-phone talkers realize other people can hear their conversations. I wonder do they care?

Here are things I heard people saying on their cell phones today. It happened while I sat in my secret place, sipping a cup of coffee. Perhaps they will help to put a smile on your face, or inspire you to pick up a pen and write something. Go ahead. I dare you.



"...It's in the lower right cheek of my ass."

"...I tried rolling pins, tennis balls, throwing everything except the kitchen sink at it."

"...I guess when you're the governor's fiancee' you don't gotta pay taxes."

"...The problem is when I'm on my stomach, that's when I get the most pain."

"...I'm not going in today. Don't tell anyone I'm not sick."

"...For about a week, don't go in the front."



Writing Tip:

Writing a memoir? If it's not true, don't say it is.

Misha Defonseca, 76, of Masschusettes, admitted she fabricated her memoir 1997 best seller, "Misha: A memoir of the Holocaust Years," and was fined $22M. She faked her tales of survival in a German concentration camp. And she isn't even Jewish. When reached for comment, she said her parent's arrest for assisting the anti-Nazi resistance led her to "feel Jewish."


Today's Inspirational Writing Quote:

"There are only two things a child will share willingly; communicable diseases and its mother's age." --Benjamin Spock



No comments: