Pages

A Gift of Love Fan Page

Monday, May 19, 2014

Happy Monday: Surprise! And Quotes About That

Jack-in-the-box



When I was a little girl I had a favorite toy. It was a square multi-colored metal box with a wind-up thingy on its side. Wind the wind-up thingy, again, again, again, a silly song played, and when it was done, the box opened and a clown popped out. I played with that toy for hours at a time. I knew that clown would rear it's silly head, and I always jumped at the surprise of seeing my little clown friend. I have no idea why.

Today I share quotes about surprise. I hope you enjoy reading them as much as I have enjoyed scouting them.

Until this time next time, be well, stay safe, keep cute.

See you in print,

Linda Della Donna
Author of A Gift of Love


"Those who are easily shocked should be shocked more often."--Mae West

"I was a chocolate in a box all the while harboring a secret center."--Deb Caletti

"The secret to humor is surprise."--Aristotle

"I try not to be surprised. Surprise is the public face of a mind that has been closed."--Bernard Beckett

"Even in the familiar there can be surprise and wonder."--Tierney Gearon

"I may be surprised. But I don't think I will be."--Andrew Strauss

"It doesn't take much to surprise others, but to surprise oneself--now that is a great feat."--Kristin Heartley

"There can never be surprises in logic."--Ludwig Wittgenstein

"Sometimes life surprises you ... and when it does, it's purely magical. Allow yourself to be open to the  magic that is about to happen."--Jacque Bliss


Writing Tip:

Don't give in to the myth of writer's block. Accept that it is time to take a break from your writing and take it. Take a walk, take a shower, take a moment and do something unwriter related.



2 comments:

PORTIA said...

nice write.
-Portia

Linda Della Donna said...

:) Thanks, Portia.