Pages

A Gift of Love Fan Page

Thursday, May 1, 2014

Edward Sclier, William Wordsworth, an Anniversary, and A Gift of Love

Edward L. Sclier and Izzy
"Sir Galahad"
8/23/39 - 5/1/2004
You light up my life.



Today marks the tenth anniversary of my husband's death. It also marks what would have been our twenty-sixth wedding anniversary. In honor of May 1, first kiss, last kiss, the date of my wedding anniversary, and poignant date of Ed's death, let the Universe know that I am eternally grateful. 

Today I celebrate. *raising coffee mug* Here's to what once was and is nevermore. Here's to you dear reader. Thank you for reading, thank you for commenting, thank you for your support and words of encouragement. Most of all, thank you for being my friend.

To mark this occasion, I share words of poetry, especially selected for today. 

I hope you feel inspired and comforted by these words, as  I do.  

P.S. to Ed Sclier, wherever you are: Thanks for the memories and Happy Anniversary, Honey.  xxoo:)L


Splendour in the Grass
by William Wordsworth


What though the radiance
which was once so bright
Be now forever taken from my sight,
Though nothing can bring back the hour
Of splendor in the grass, of glory in the flower,
We will grieve not, rather find
Strength in what remains behind;
In the primal sympathy
Which having been, must ever be;
In the soothing thoughts that spring
Out of human suffering;
In the faith that looks through death,
In the years that bring the philosophic mind.





Linda Della Donna wrote A Gift of Love to fulfill a promise to her late husband. She is a writer, photographer, poet, grandmother, friend, coach, and supporter of individuals going through the grief process.

1 comment:

Martha J. M. Orlando said...

You have such precious memories, my friend. Treasure them always!
Love and blessings!