Pages

A Gift of Love Fan Page

Friday, May 23, 2014

Chicka Chicka Boom Boom: Virginia Road Elementary School, Mystery Reader, and Big Blue



Big Blue




Yesterday I drove Big Blue to Virginia Road Elementary School in Valhalla, NY. Big Blue is my car. Virginia Road Elementary School is where grandson H attends kindergarten. I was Mystery Reader. Mystery Reader is a surprise visitor nobody knows who he/she is who comes to read a story to class.

I arrived at scheduled time, 12:40 p.m. EST.

I hid in the hall. 

I waited.

The kindergarteners were seated on the floor. They closed their eyes. 

Kindergarten teacher, Mrs. Lewis, whispered, "Say something so they know who you are."

I said, "I drove Big Blue here and parked him in the parking lot."

H raised his hand. He jumped out of his seat, and arms stretched open, ran and called my name. "DADEEEE!"

Today I share photograph from my most beautiful fantastic super awesome day. I hope you enjoy viewing them as much as I enjoyed living them. Memories are made of this.

See you in print,

Linda Della Donna
Author of 





This is a photograph of H and his class. And me.

 ...And another,


,,,And another.




"Chicka Chicka Boom Boom," by Bill Martin Jr and John Arch Chambault was the book I read. It is H's favorite. The class loved this book. I never saw so many smiling faces. Every child in that class read along with me and sang out the tag phrase chicka chicka boom boom. As I sit and type this blog post, I hear it echo the landscape of my brain. It is a forever memory. And yes, I am grateful. 


P.S.  *I donated Chicka Chicka Boom Boom to H's Kindergarten class. I hope it is read again and again and again,*




Writing Tip:

Make effort for the positive good. As often as you can.

No comments: