Pages

A Gift of Love Fan Page

Sunday, April 27, 2014

Top Ten Questions: Do YOU Date?, Dating Quotations, and A Gift of Love

Sometimes the hardest part is not letting go, but learning to start over.


The author of BookOrBust is away, taking a break, since publishing, A Gift of Love

We think she's on a date. Or, vacationing with a girl-pal. 

So we rifled through her inbox and found mail, lots of mail, letters from widows in a folder marked, Top Ten Questions, and another folder marked, Quotations.

We hope we got it right.


A widow writes, I am dating a man. But, I can't rely on him. I hardly ever hear from him. When I ask why he doesn't call, he says he's busy.  Seems I must call him, and I'm beginning to feel like I'm chasing after him. I'm feeling foolish. "Dear Linda, Do you date? and What should I do about this man?"

From A Gift of Love, p. 103, para. 8:

" ... If you are wondering if this widow writer dates, the answer is yes, I date. I have even kissed a fool; okay, I kissed two fools."

Quotation on Dating:

"If he's not calling you, it's because you're not on his mind. If he creates expectations for you, and then doesn't follow through on the little things, he will do same for big things. Be aware of this and realize that he's okay with disappointing you. Don't be with someone who doesn't do what they say they're going to do. If he's choosing not to make a simple effort that would put you at ease and bring harmony to a recurring fight, then he doesn't respect your feelings and needs. 'Busy' is another word for 'a**hole.' 'A**hole' is another word for the guy you're dating."--Greg Behrendt


Quotation on Relationships:

"Honor your female relationships, because men can come and go, but when we nurture our relationships with women, they can be forever."--Goldie Hawn





Linda Della Donna is author of A Gift of Love, available at Archway Publishing.


2 comments:

Cerebrations.biz said...

Sometimes, he may just be afraid of seeming overboard. So, he holds back...

Skyline Spirit said...

pretty nice blog, following :)