Pages

A Gift of Love Fan Page

Monday, April 14, 2014

A Day in the Life of a Widow/Writer: Yesterday, Z and H, A Gift of Love, and Woody Allen

Life is change. Embrace change.
--something i tell myself every day.


My mailbag is filling up. Since writing A Gift of Love, people from all over the world write to me. They say they like my book. They ask questions.

If there was a Top Ten List of questions that I am asked since writing A Gift of Love, here is #10:

What is a typical day like in the life of a writer/widow?

The ANSWER is:

Since burying Ed and writing and publishing, A Gift of Love, there is no such thing as a typical day in my life. Every day is different. Every day is special. Especially to me. This much I will say, I live it to its fullest best as I can, every day.

Today, with sun shining brightly out my window and memory of one happy blessed weekend fresh in my brain, I share my Yesterday.

I hope you enjoy reading about it as much as I enjoyed living it. And yes, most definitely, I am grateful.

See you in print,

Linda Della Donna
author of A Gift of Love
"...And sometime when I wasn't looking, I got a new life."

Human Tip:

Love yourself.

P.S. to Woody Allen:

Hey Woody, was that you on the steps in back of the St. James Theatre watching previews of "Bullets Over Broadway" the other night. Call me. I'd love to do an interview.


Yesterday

Yesterday I made a date with Z for lunch. Z is my three-year old grand daughter. I said, Z, would you like to go to The Little Spot for a hot dog?

Z said, "YES!"

Yesterday I picked up Z. I drove Little Red. Little Red is my other car. Little Red sat in a garage all winter waiting for a sunny day to go for a drive. I buckled Z in a seat belt, and off we went.

The Little Spot
They say, *whoever they are*, live where you like to play. They need to add to that quote, live where you like to eat, because in addition to my liking to play with grand daughter Z, I like to eat at The Little Spot. The Little Spot is a fun place for kids and grownups. It serves the best chili hot dog.

At The Little Spot, there is always a table for two with a view.
After lunch, I dropped Z back at her home. It was H's turn to go for a drive. H is my grand son.



H said DaDee, I want to play golf.

So I buckled H in a seatbelt and headed north, up route 684, to Red Rooster.

H said DaDee, don't worry. I will teach you how.


Here are a few photographs of our special outing.































































H + Z + H + ME = Happiness


That was my yesterday, just another day in the life of this widow/writer.

Now, I've gotta run. Because today is tomorrow's yesterday. And I got a lot of living to do.

Yes, I am grateful!




Linda Della Donna is the author of A Gift of Love. She is a freelance writer, photographer, grief coach and hosts workshops on journaling, and the craft of writing.

No comments: