Pages

A Gift of Love Fan Page

Sunday, March 2, 2014

Nik Wallenda, Inspirational Quotes, and A Gift of Love




Happy Sunday.

Weatherman predicts snow today. In a little while I am in Big Blue, Big Blue is my car, for a road trip. Destination: private booksigning event for A Gift of Love.

For my writer readers, today I share quotes of inspiration.

I hope you enjoy reading them as much as I have enjoyed collecting them. Until this time, next time.

See you in print,

Linda Della Donna
Author of A Gift of Love


P.S. Note to Nik Wallenda. I hear you're scheduled to walk across the 1,000-foot-deep Tallulah Gorge in Georgia on or very near July 18, 2015. This is 45 years after your great-grandfather accomplished this feat. I'd love to do your interview. Call me.


Art is an indecent exposure of the consciousness. --Sir Herbert Read

No tears in the writer, no tears in the reader. --Robert Frost

Like wind for a sailboat, inspiration for creative work is vital but undependable. --Unknown

Modern writers are the moons of literature; they shine with reflected light, with light borrowed from the ancients. --Samuel Johnson

A good story must of course be skillfully told; each word must count. But, more than that, a truly powerful story comes from the center of the writer's soul. --Henry Argyle

What some people find in religion a writer may find in his craft---a kind of breaking through to glory. --John Steinbeck

The "germ" wherever gathered, has ever been for me "the germ of the story," and most of the stories strained to shape under my hand have sprung from a single small seed, a seed as remote and windblown as a casual hint. --Henry James

Often when I write I am trying to make words do the work of line and color. I have the painter's sensitivity to light. Much (and perhaps the best) of my work is verbal painting. --Elizabeth Brown

Art begins in a wound, an imperfection and is an attempt either to learn to live with the wound or to heal it. --John Gardner




Linda Della Donna is a widow, writer and photographer. She is author of A Gift of Love, available at your favorite bookseller store.

No comments: