Pages

A Gift of Love Fan Page

Tuesday, March 11, 2014

New Yorker Author Andrew Solomon, Tell Ten People, A Beautiful Day and A Gift of Love



It's a beautiful day in the neighborhood.

Outside a window of my secret writing place, the sun shines brightly, snow is melting and life is good.

I am just returned from Boyds Mills where I spent time in Uncle Jack's cabin, cabin #15 for a Highlights Foundation unguided writing retreat. Since writing A Gift of Love, I am invited to Maine for lobster; Virginia for, hmmm, dinner ; Arizona, Texas, Florida and more.  Every day somebody somewhere writes to say they like A Gift of Love and can I please come their way to sign their book.

I'm meeting new people, and making new friends.

Imagine. If it hadn't been for my husband dying, this might never have happened.

I am grateful.

Recently I received an enote saying, "I liked A Gift of Love. You helped me a lot. How can I thank you?"

The answer dear reader is simple:

Tell ten people.

See you in print,


Linda Della Donna
Author of
A Gift of Love


Writing Tip:  Don't let anyone tell you that you can't write. It is all inside you. Focus. Stay the course.

Writing Quote: "Writing became the best way to save my life. For some, the tragedy has been so immense that they couldn't write. But literature is what transofrrms us. Do books save lives? At best, they can. The truth may be too late, but it's better than no truth at all."--Paul Monette


P.S. Note to New Yorker Author Andrew Solomon. Contact me. Please. I'd love to interview you, writer to writer.

Linda Della Donna is author of A Gift of Love, available at bookseller stores everywhere.

No comments: