Pages

A Gift of Love Fan Page

Sunday, March 16, 2014

JB, God Speed; DB, I Miss You, and A Gift of Love



The JBs. Thank you for being my friend.




It's a beautiful day in the neighborhood. 

Today I want to write about JB.

JB died last week. He was a good friend of mine and I want to honor him because I miss him very much.

I want to tell you about DB, his wife. DB was my best girlfriend.

We met in 1988 when I lived in Rye Brook. JB and DB moved into the house next door.

DB died two years before my Ed. A short time later, JB moved to Florida. We kept in touch. When I learned he found new love, I was delighted. It gave me hope.

JB was a good friend to me. I remember when my Izzy got sick (Izzy was my aging dog), and I was in between homes, I had no place to live, it was JB who was there for me, offering me and my Izzy, a place to stay.  I remember JB saying, come on down. And then saying do you need money?

The sky was gray as an elephant's ear the day JB and DB moved into the house on Candy Lane. Autumn leaves skittered the sidewalk. If I close my eyes I can still see the moving van and uniformed men toting their furniture.

I remember I baked a lemon cake. I iced it in a sugar frosting. I had a bottle of Moet and tied a yellow ribbon round it. I attached a card saying Welcome, printed my name and telephone number, and carried it next door.

It was the beginning of a beautiful friendship.

Today I honor JB. I honor DB, too. I thank both of you from the bottom of my broken-mended heart for the many happy memories we shared. I am so very grateful. My life is enriched beyond measure for having had you both in my life. I celebrate your passing.

And p.s., when you sit down to that plate of spaghetti and meatballs, please say hi to Ed.

See you in print,

Linda Della Donna
Author of A Gift of Love



Linda Della Donna is the author of A Gift of Love.
She is writer, photographer, "DeDa" and public speaker.
Feel free to contact Della Donna for your special upcoming event.

No comments: