Pages

A Gift of Love Fan Page

Sunday, March 30, 2014

Happy Sunday, Quotes for Thought, and A Gift of Love


"The biggest coward of a man is to awaken the love of a woman
without the intention of loving her."
Bob Marley

It's a beautiful day in the neighborhood!

In my neighborhood where I live, the sky is gray as an elephant's ear. Through an open window I can hear a distant train whistle blowing, a signal the train from Brewster North, headed to Grand Central, is passing the nearby station. 

It is a familiar sound  I have come to know and love. It acts as reminder that I am blessed with two good hearing ears. And I am grateful.

Today I share quotes of friendship, love, and betrayal

Often I get letters from widows and widowers saying how things didn't work out in a new love adventure they were involved in, and they come to me asking why? These quotes are for them. You know who you are.

Like gratitude for senses, may these quotes act as reminder to be grateful for life's experience.

I hope you enjoy reading them as much as I enjoyed collecting them.

See you in print,

Linda Della Donna
Author of 



"'It was a mistake,'" you said. But the cruel thing was, it felt like the mistake was mine, for trusting you."--David Levithan, The Lover's Dictionary

"For there to be betrayal, there would have to have been trust first."--
Suzanne Collins, The Hunger Games

"Everyone suffers at least one bad betrayal in their lifetime. It's what unites us. The trick is not to let it destroy your trust in others when that happens. Don't let them take that from you."--
Sherrilyn Kenyon, Invincible

"She wasn't exactly sure when it happened. Or even when it started. All she knew for sure was that right here and now, she was falling hard and she could only pray that he was feeling the same way."--
Nicholas Sparks, Safe Haven

"...i didn't fall in love of course
it's never up to you
but she was walking back and forth
and i was passing through."--
Leonard Cohen, Book of Longing

"Do not walk behind me; I may not lead.
Do not walk in front of me; I may not follow.
Just walk beside me and be my friend."--
Albert Camus


Life's Experience Tip:

Never let anyone steal your joy.





Linda Della Donna is a freelance writer. She wrote A Gift of Love to fulfill a promise. 

1 comment:

debi o'neille said...

Beautiful writing. I love quotes, and you offered up some good ones. Thanks.
Deb@ http://debioneille.blogspot.com