Pages

A Gift of Love Fan Page

Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Today, A Thank You, and A Gift of Love


A Reader Writes


Today I am the luckiest woman in the world!

Last evening I arrived home and discovered an 8 x 10 manilla envelope resting lovingly against the door to my apartment. The envelope was addressed to me and it had an Arizona return address. Inside was a copy of my book, A Gift of Love, and a personal note from a woman I had known from high school more than *hand over mouth* years ago. She wrote to thank me for writing my story and asked for my autograph.

I had to sit down. And for a long time I just stared at the envelope remembering one beautiful, bright and brainy cheerful high school classmate. I pondered her special handwritten note, and shook my head at my book. When I was done wiping tears of joy from my cheeks, I grabbed my camera and snapped a photo, wanting always to treasure the moment.

The book that my reader sent to me for my autograph is in the mail. I signed it. I wrote a special message especially for her. This morning I dropped it off at a local post office on my way to my morning appointment. To my Arizona reader with words of lovingkindness, thank you. Thank you for remembering me, and most of all, thank you for being my friend.

And to every reader out here reading my words, thank you for taking time to read me.

I am humbled. I am grateful. I am filled with what I lovingly refer to as mourning joy.

See you in print,

Linda Della Donna
Author of A Gift of Love



No comments: