Pages

A Gift of Love Fan Page

Monday, February 17, 2014

Lynette Louise, By the Seat of My Pants, and Autograph Shoes

"You have the most beautiful legs," he said. "And your laugh ... well," Ed said, "your laugh can be heard all over Rye Beach. The first time I heard it, I decided anyone who could laugh like that, I had to meet." --From A Gift of Love, A Widow's Memoir



Dear Reader,

It's a beautiful day in the neighborhood.

I just did my first radio show interview for my book, A Gift of Love. It was with Lynette Louise of Web Talk Radio.

As I mentioned in a past blog post since publishing my book, things are happening fast and it often feels like I am flying by the seat of my pants trying to keep up. But I place one foot in front of the other, take a deep breath, and I learn as I go.

Though I knew that my interview with Lynette Louise was taped, and I knew as it was airing you dear reader could not see me, I dressed for the occasion, and I pretended I could see you, and that you could see me.

I wore my new autograph skirt, and my new autograph shoes.

I posed my book, A Gift of Love and my favorite autograph pen, alongside those special shoes and snapped a photo for good luck.

Lynette Louise introduced me.

I listened attentively. My gaze fixed on one high heel. And then something magical happened. All at once I was flooded with Ed memories, remembering the words he spoke to me on our first date. It was a beautiful moment.

My radio show interview is over; weatherman promises snow tonight; I sit in a small cafe' somewhere in a secret place and type this blog post. The Beatles said it best when they sang, Ob-La-Di, Ob-La-Da, Life goes on.

And yes, I am grateful.

See you in print,

Linda Della Donna
"...And sometime when I wasn't looking, I got a new life."


Linda Della Donna is a writer and public speaker.
She supports individuals going through the grief process.
She'd be ever so grateful if you did the "LIKE" thing on her fb fan page.

No comments: