Pages

A Gift of Love Fan Page

Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Johnny Depp, What People are Saying, and A Gift of Love



My cramped writing space. The way it was when writing A Gift of Love

My book is written. My promise is fulfilled.

I am grateful.

Just for today, I am sharing what people are writing to me and saying about A Gift of Love:

Karen KL wrote:
"Congratulations Linda Della Donna! I have been looking for it (A Gift of Love) and discovered it on Amazon myself yesterday morning. Have already sent a link to the preview pages to Scott and Terri - the couple we skied with in Lake Placid last year. Great writing!"

Anonymous said:
"She did a good job. I like how she used words to describe scenes."

Connie F:
"OMG, Linda! I read the book in one day and one box of tissues. The book is a beautiful tribute to Ed and also to you. The writing was so descriptive, an easy and interesting read. You were lucky to have had Ed in your life, but also unlucky to have lost him too soon. I know this book can help others widows try and deal with their situation also and see you can survive! Congratulations to you, I wish you much success!"

Donna G:
"I read your book in one day, couldn't put it down. I found some comparisons to my journey in your journey tho my husband's cancer was different and he had other problems besides the cancer, but the feelings you had I had also. The trips to the hospital, the feeling of the loss before it actually happened I could relate very much to. C and I had 46 years together, we were one person and now three years later I still feel the loss as much as the day it happened. I miss him every day and always will. Thanks for your story, I enjoyed the book very much. You have a gift with words, hope maybe someday you will write another book which I would buy in a minute."

LH:
"Linda I had to write and tell you how very, very much I enjoyed your book. I laughed and I cried with you. Your writing made me feel like I knew you and Ed and I could feel the laughter and the incredible pain. Wht a man he must have been!!! You have accomplished so much in your life since his passing, but this book is something you can be so proud of. You have a great talent, sweetheart, and I hope you continue sharing it with all of us! I know Ed is smiling down on you and thanking you for this amazing story told...thanks for sharing."


Reader A:
"I bought , 'A Gift of Love,' read it and loved it! This is a beautifully written, warm and personal love story, a true gift of love. I highly recommend it. A true labor of love. Anyone, who has ever been in love, will appreciate this story but for me, a widow, it went further and deeper than that. The author's honesty really struck a chord with me. I experienced many of the same feelings that she went through dealing with my own husband's cancer and watching him go through all that. I also have come to realize, just like the author, that living my life, fully, again is what our husbands would want for us and that it can be a 'Beautiful day in the Neighborhood' once again."

Reader B:
"Very special thanks, to the author, Linda Della Donna. I am honored to call you my friend. Congratulations on a job well done."

Nanci V E:
"Finished reading "A Gift of Love" by Linda Della Donna last night. I could not put the book down. In the beginning I laughed so hard, in the middle I felt so happy, and in the end I cried like a baby. It is a must read for anyone who has lost a spouse, a friend, a child, or just to read a heart-warming love story. Thank You, Linda Della Donna for putting your heart and soul into this amazing story."


These are but a few. There are more. And they are pouring in from all over the world.

I am humbled by the outpouring and the expressions of love. I am grateful for A Gift of Love.

See you in print,


Linda Della Donna
"...And sometime when I wasn't looking I got a new life."

Note to Johnny Depp: Of course I'm free for lunch. Call me. Let's discuss your next movie project.

P.S. Yes, there is a next book.


No comments: