Pages

A Gift of Love Fan Page

Tuesday, January 7, 2014

The Write Stuff, Quotations, and A Gift of Love

I love books, I love writing, I love quotations


Today I share favorite quotations of mine. All are on the discipline of writing.

I hope you enjoy them as much as I have enjoyed collecting them:


You  must write, write, and write some more every day at a set time...If you keep writing, ideas will come to you.--Alexander Dumas


The young writer would be a fool to follow a theory. Teach yourself by your own mistakes; people learn only by error.--William Faulkner



Atmosphere stands always for the elimination of the artist. Get your good strong phrases, fresh and vivid; write intensively, not exhaustingly or lengthily; don't narrate-paint! Draw! Build! Create! Better one thousand words that are builded than a whole book of dashed-off stuff. Damn you! Forget you! And the world will remember you!--Jack London


I don't wait for moods. You accomplish nothing if you do that. Your mind must know it has got to get down to earth.--Pearl S. Buck



I prefer to underwrite. Simple, clear as a country creek.--Truman Capote


See you in print,

Linda Della Donna
Author of
A Gift of Love

P.S. I also keep a blog at Griefcase.net. Just saying.

2 comments:

Britney Gulbrandsen said...

I, too, love quotes. These are great. I really need to get out of the mindset that I have to be "in the mood" to write. I need to teach myself to be able to write anytime, anywhere. That's just how it works with a writing mom!

Thanks for sharing!

Linda Della Donna said...

Hello Britney, I think you are doing just fine. Stay the course. Thanks for stopping by. Thanks for leaving a comment.
See you in print,
xxoo:)L