Pages

A Gift of Love Fan Page

Friday, January 31, 2014

Super Bowl XLVIII, Getting Out, Moving On, and A Gift of Love

People who need people, are the luckiest people I Know.
--Barbara Streisand




Today, where I live, the sky was gray as an elephant's ear. I didn't sleep well last night. My feelings were hurt from an experience I had two days ago. Between Old Man Winter, the Polar Vortex and a parade of monkeys marching in my head saying shame on me, I was feeling foolish silly stupid dumb and sad. I admit, when my alarm sounded, I wished to roll over, pull the covers over my head and stay in bed.

But I didn't. I wouldn't. I couldn't.

Instead, I got myself up. I showered. I got dressed in the warmest and prettiest outfit I could create from the things hanging in my closet. I decided it was time to take me out. I was taking me some place special.

After Ed died I learned that sitting home alone is not a good thing for me. And I learned, that if I wait for someone to ask me out to take me someplace I want to go, or do something I'd like to do, well, dear reader, that person will have to drop out of my living room ceiling and I'll be waiting a long time. *just kidding*

Anyway, I am home, again. I am sitting in my living room admiring my new autograph outfit. I am looking forward to getting some rest. I am writing to share that I had the happiest day mingling with the crowd of people on 42nd Street, Broadway and Times Square celebrating Super Bowl XLVIII.

Dear reader I know it is hard losing a spouse, and moving foward with the rest of life can be a huge challenge. Would that I could, I would wave a magic wand and make all our pain disappear. But I can't. All I got is my words saying if I can admit to disappointment and push through this grief process, so can you.

Here's a few photographs of my playdate with me. I hope you enjoy viewing them as much as I enjoyed living and snapping them.

Here's to us!

See you in print,

Linda Della Donna
Author of
A Gift of Love


Writing Tip:

Write. When you feel you have nothing to write about. Write about that.

Writing Quote:

Smile.--something i saw on a tee-shirt.



White Plains Train Station

Have camera will travel. I boarded MetroNorth.
NYC Superbowl celebration, here I come!

DSCN4277

I stopped by the information booth in Grand Central Station.
I asked how do I get to Times Square?

DSCN4275

NY has everything.
This group of musicians sat outside the shuttle to 42nd Street.
And, they were playing my song, Somewhere Over The Rainbow.

DSCN4316

This is a shot of Times Square.
Everywhere, were bright happy faces.
Everyone was smiling. Everyone was pleasant and polite.


Check it out.
The lines for the slide ride were three city blocks long.
No, I regret, I didn't get to do the slide thing.



A day in New York wouldn't be complete without a shopping trip to a store.
I picked out an outfit to sign autographs for a future booksigning event.
*look for the lady in black tights, short skirt and 4" heels*

DSCN4334

Say good-night Linda. Good-night Linda.

A Gift of Love Cover Hi Resolution

Linda Della Donna is a writer. Recently, she fufilled a promise to her late husband and wrote a book. Be sure to ask for your copy of A Gift of Love available at Archway Publishing, Amazon.com and your local bookseller.

No comments: