Pages

A Gift of Love Fan Page

Monday, December 23, 2013

Kermit the Frog, Edits, and Uncle Jack's Cabin, Cabin #15

It's not easy being green. --Kermit the Frog




 ...And my writing journey continues.

At this very time, while friends, neighbors and extended family members are shopping, wrapping presents, attending parties, making merry, and busy doing all the fun things one does preparing for this happy Holiday Season, I am working the edits for A Gift of Love. Sometimes a girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do.

Writing a book is not an easy task. Working the edits is a mighty challenge. And it is a lonesome road. All edits must be recorded on a modification form. This modification form is in a software I learn as I go along. There is no time to bitch and moan. Bitching and moaning wastes energy. When completed, this form must be sent to my publisher. I must do this by end of week. Right now, I got more than 139 edits to review and polish. Last night I worked until 2 a.m. Night before that, I didn't sleep. It's been a regular marathon, catching a nap here, grabbing a yogurt out of the refrigerator there, and washing my hair and brushing my teeth in between.

If music were tears streaming down my face and hands in the air, well, I'd be a symphony. Just saying.

But, a promise is a promise is a promise. And, I am determined, regardless of cost, to fulfill it.

My deadline was today.

I won't make it.

Yes, I am very disappointed--in me.

But, the good news is I am resilient.

I got faith in my work. And myself.

I made another appointment to work with Clara Gillow Clark.

Best of all, I get to make a return trip to my favorite writing place, Uncle Jack's cabin, cabin #15, and Boyd's Mills to finish up.

If you're wondering where I am and what I am doing this Happy Holiday Season, well, I'll be in Uncle Jack's cabin, cabin #15 plying my craft.

How sweet is that?

See you in print,

Linda Della Donna
" ...And sometime when I wasn't looking, I got a new life."


Writing Tip:

Focus. Focus. Focus.

4 comments:

Martha J. M. Orlando said...

Bless you, Linda! I'll be thinking of you . . .
Merry Christmas!

Linda Della Donna said...

:)
Merry Christmas, Martha. Thank you for being my friend.
Be well. Stay safe. Keep cute;
See you in print,
xxoo:)L

Cerebrations.biz said...

Getting your work of love completed is so important, Linda...Your holiday will be brighter and shinier when it's done!

Linda Della Donna said...

Oh, Roy, don't I know it. My holiday is yet to come.
Writing this book, getting it to market, making the edits, and living the story has taught me who my true friends are. Thank you for your support. I am grateful. Thank you for being my friend.