Pages

A Gift of Love Fan Page

Thursday, November 14, 2013

The Grateful Day, Something I Tell Myself, and Message to Heaven


Something I tell myself everyday.


Today is day fourteen of what I lovingly refer to as The Grateful Day

Today I am grateful for books. I love books. I like to hold them and feel their weight in my two hands. I like visiting the brick and mortar Barnes & Nobel book store at City Center just so I can see books. I like to walk the aisles so I can touch their titles and open to a back flap and read about their authors. I like to run my fingers down their glossy spines and inhale their inky scent. 

I like words on paper, computer screens, street signs, signs in store windows, signs on tee shirts, Facebook friends pages, and even signs on license plates.

Words inspire me. They motivate me, and they help me to put down on paper the visions that flood the landscape of my mind.

I am so excited that I am able to say that I have a book editor, book designer and book publisher for my book, A Gift of Love.

But most of all, today I am grateful for Ed. His love sustains me.

I am grateful for the memories we shared. I feel blessed for knowing true love.

I am grateful for Ed's dying words. They motivate me.

I am grateful for the promise I made. It gives me hope.

This very moment, as I sit in my secret writing space working out last minute kinks to meet my December deadline and type this blog post, I just want to share that I am almost home. What a joy it will be to see my words on paper in my two hands. I can almost taste my tears of joy spilling down my face.

Yes, I have a dream. Thank you, Ed Sclier, wherever you are.


See you in print,

Linda Della Donna
"...And sometime when I wasn't looking, I got a new life."

Today's writing quote:

"Chance is the law of life and those who look only to the past or present are certain to miss the future."
--John F. Kennedy

No comments: