Pages

A Gift of Love Fan Page

Wednesday, November 27, 2013

The Grateful Day - Day Twenty-Seven


Me, H and Z

.

I am grateful for my life and the good times I have had living it. Today, on this twenty-seventh day of what I lovingly refer to as The Grateful Day, I am grateful for:

...The memory of standing on the steps of the Peninsula Hotel in Hong Kong, gazing on the horizon and seeing the sunrise in Central. The sunset, also. Not once. But often.

...The memory of the fine man I met and married, and the extraordinary way he loved me back. I miss him everyday and I am grateful for that.

...The warmth and love of two healthy happy grandchildren. They are my Minion muses and I love them to the moon and back!

..My good health, enough money to pay my bills, keep a roof over my head, food on my table, ink in my pen, and cheap spiral notebooks, enough to scribble in for the rest of the year.

...And for "A Gift of Love," the book I wrote.



Writing Quote:

"I was always taught to respect my elders and I've now reached the age when I don't have anybody left to respect."--George Burns


Writing Tip:

Read acknowledgements in books.

No comments: