Pages

A Gift of Love Fan Page

Sunday, November 24, 2013

The Grateful Day and Kent Brown, Highlights Foundation

A place of inspiration--and a view of the Barn

View from the Lodge

A little house--this is one that I can afford. Just saying. ;)

A place to write. A place of inspiration.

A private workspace.


Recently I spent time on a writing retreat in a cabin in the woods in Honesdale, Pennsylvania. In between scribbling in a notebook, snapping photos, walking in the woods, networking with other writers, authors, editors and mentors, lucky me, one late morning I got to eat breakfast with Kent Brown. Kent Brown is publisher of Highlights Magazine for Children. Imagine, over a bowl of oatmeal and cup of coffee, no cream no sugar, I dined with my favorite mentor and good friend and received a coaching tip or two or three, especially for me.

On this twenty-fourth day of what I lovingly refer to as The Grateful Day, I want you dear reader to know that I am grateful.

I am grateful for Kent Brown--for his friendship, his sage words of advice, his taking time from his valuable schedule to spendtime with this humble writer.

Kent Brown was there for me before and after Ed's death, and he continues to be.

I value Kent's friendship.

...and I am grateful. Eternally.


See you in print,

Linda Della Donna
Author of soon-to-be-published,
"A Gift of Love."


Writing Tip:

Keep writing. Under all circumstances.

Writing Quote:

"Writers take note: your struggle to produce a piece of writing of interest and value means nothing to the reader. The reader doesn't care what you went through to produce your work. He only cares if the piece succeeds, if it looks as if it arrived whole."-- Betsy Lerner, from her book, "An Editor's Advice to Writers, The Forest for the Trees."



No comments: