Pages

A Gift of Love Fan Page

Saturday, November 23, 2013

The Grateful Day and Izzy




Today is the twenty-third day of what I lovingly refer to as The Grateful Day. 

Today I remember Izzy. 

Izzy was my smooth rat terrier. Because Izzy was born on a Halloween in 1996, every year we celebrated his special day dressing up in a favorite costume and going Trick-or-Treating. One year Izzy was Spiderman and I was Super Dog. Yes. Izzy wore a cape. And I barked. 

Izzy is gone now. But his memory lives on. Forever with me.

Today I remember Izzy, the good times we shared, and the unconditional love and support he gave me after Ed died.

Wherever you are, Izzy. I am grateful.




Izzy
1996-2011

The Way We Were
Izzy and Ed

Cruising ports from Connecticut to Nantucket


Today's Inspirational Quote:

The one absolutely unselfish friend that man can have in this whole wolrd, the one that never deserts him, the one that never proves ungrateful or treacherous, is a dog. -- Senator George Graham Vest

No comments: