Pages

A Gift of Love Fan Page

Thursday, November 28, 2013

Happy Thanksgiving and Dear Abby

Happy Thanksgiving



The month of November 2013 has been dedicated to giving daily thanks for life's daily blessings.

I have been blogging every day and am grateful I have so much to be grateful for.

On this twenty-eighth day of what I lovingly refer to as The Grateful Day, I give thanks for the day of Thanksgiving, the one special day of the year when everyone in my country celebrates their bounty.

How greatful is that?

To mark this occasion, I share Dear Abby's traditional Thanksgiving prayer penned by her dear mother.

Oh, Heavenly Father,
We thank Thee for food and
remember the hungry.
We thank Thee for health and
remember the sick.
We thank Thee for friends
and remember the friendless.
We thank Thee for freedom
and remember the enslaved.
May these remembrances stir us to service.
That Thy gifts to us may be used for others.
Amen.

Have a safe and happy celebation, everyone!

Thank you Dear Abby for sharing.

Thank you dear reader for reading.

I am grateful.


See you in print,

Linda Della Donna
Author of
A Gift of Love

"...And sometime when I wasn't looking I got a new life."





No comments: