Pages

A Gift of Love Fan Page

Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Day 13 of the Grateful Day and Happy Birthday Richy Della Donna


Happy Bird-day, Richy!


Today is my kid brother's birthday. It feels just like yesterday Dr. Saunders telephoned to tell my dad the happy news that the new addition to his family was a bouncing baby boy! 

The memory of my dad hanging up the phone and announcing the glad tidings to three sleepy-eyed girls cuddled together in a cold cape cod kitchen in Elmsford, New York fifty-five years ago, is with me still. 

Today I am grateful for my brother. 

I am grateful I got to watch him grow.

I am grateful I got to witness first-hand his god-given musical talent. 

I am  grateful for his friendship, his love and loyalty. 

Though he has grown to be a fine gentle man and awesome musician, in my heart, he remains that soft bundle of blue my mother lovingly carried home from Phelps Memorial one snowy November day, who completed our family.

Happy Birthday, Richy, wherever you are!


See you in print,

Linda Della Donna
Author of soon-to-be published,
"A Gift of Love."

2 comments:

Cerebrations.biz said...

Happy birthday to your brother from me, as well!

LindaDellaDonna said...

You're a sweetheart, Roy. But of course, you already know that. Thank you for stopping by and for good birthday wishes to the cutest kid brother a big sister ever had. :)