Pages

A Gift of Love Fan Page

Monday, November 11, 2013

Day 11 of the Grateful Day and Thank You




 "...The death of a spouse weighs more heavily on women because it presents a massive identity crisis for them: 'While men need others, their self-development focuses more on individuation and autonomy. A woman's identity is largely framed by relationships...In losing an essential relationship, she loses an essential part of herself.'"--Phyllis Silverman, from her survey of 430 widows in Boston, 1967-1973

Today is Day 11 of the Grateful Day. 

There is a tree, actually, it is a tall weed, that reaches my bathroom window. I love that when I part the slatted blinds, I see green leaves and red berries the size of raisins. I love nature and this pint-sized view helps heal my broken mended heart. I like how it starts my day. I like that it inspires me. I like it and I am grateful for that.

And *raising coffee mug high* here's to our fallen soldiers, and the brave and courageous men and women serving in our armed forces, past present and future. Bless them one, Bless them all. Thank you for making me free to be me.

See you in print,

Linda Della Donna
"A Gift of Love" --coming soon

No comments: