Pages

A Gift of Love Fan Page

Tuesday, November 19, 2013

A Grateful Day and Wind

Today is Tuesday, day nineteen of what I lovingly refer to as The Grateful Day.

I write this blog post from inside a cabin in the woods of Pennsylvania. I am participating in an Highlights Foundation unguided retreat for writers and illustrators, working on writing practice, meeting other authors, and honoring my promise to my late husband to write my book, A Gift of Love. I am almost there.

Last night the wind blew hard. It whistled the landscape.

I was awake most of the night listening to the sounds of an armless rocking chair banging a front window.

I didn't mind. I heard music.

As I lie in bed in the still of the night staring at leafless trees fingering a starlit sky, I wished for knowledge.

I wished I knew how to put down on paper musical notes, beats, times and measures to describe the symphonic sounds of wind music-ly rippling my brain.

Today I am grateful for wind.

See you in print,

Linda Della Donna
Author of soon-to-be published,
A Gift of Love


P.S. I snapped a few photos this morning. Hope you enjoy viewing them as much as I have enjoyed taking them.

Don't work. Find something you like to do and do it.

These boots are made for walking, and that's just what they'll do. Today.

Eye candy hanging on a wall inside Uncle Jack's cabin in the woods.

Uncle Jack and his family. *I feel so special*

The cabin in the woods next door.

Coffee? Anyone?


2 comments:

Camilla Hudson said...

Beautiful place to meet the muse. Looks so relaxing...

Camilla Hudson said...

Nice place to meet the muse. Beautiful setting, Enjoy....