Pages

A Gift of Love Fan Page

Friday, October 25, 2013

It's a Beautiful Day In The Neighborhood!

Photo by Flickr



It's a new day and it is a beautiful day in the neighborhood. I am busy working my manuscript, A Gift of Love. Edits from editor flood me. There is a lot on my plate.

A little about me. I am a widow. I lost my husband, Edward Sclier, more than nine years ago. On his deathbed, I promised him that I would write a book--his story. The manuscript is done, well, almost. It took me six years of trying, one year of writing, and two years sitting on my story working up the courage to publish. I am there. At the writing of this blog post, I sit on the precipice of unpublished vs published author. I am self-publishing my story--my goal is to get it out there, fulfilll my promise, and continue my writing and photography passion, while moving forward with the rest of my new life.

I look forward to writing more blog posts; I sincerely appreciate and am grateful for your readership. I thank you one and all for being my friend.

See you in print,


Linda Della Donna
"...And sometime when I wasn't looking, I got a new life."



Live life. Pass it on--from a TV commercial


6 comments:

Kathleen Moulton said...

Wonderful!

LindaDellaDonna said...

Thank you for your kind word!

xxoo:)L

Marlene A Hibbard said...

What an inspiration, all that work. May you be blessed for your efforts. Marlene Hibbard

LindaDellaDonna said...

Thank you, Marlene, for your wonderful words of lovingkindess.
Blessings always,
Linda Della Donna
Griefcase.net

PF said...

Hi Linda. I ran into your blog on the You know you're from Elmsford group I stmbled across. Ead going to write "if you remember talent shows at Hamilton". I do and think we participated once when we went to Mt Carmel. I am touched by your courage and resolve. Blessings. Frank Fitzsimmons

LindaDellaDonna said...

Hello Frank,

Thank you for writing. Thank you for remembering me. Yes, I remember you. I remember Mt. Carmel, all of it with fondness. Blessings, Linda Della Donna