Pages

A Gift of Love Fan Page

Monday, September 2, 2013

Joan Didion - Can You Hear Me Now?

Favorite Author, Literary Journalist, and Inspirational Widow,
Joan Didion


My book is written. Yippee!

Emma, Emma is my concierge at Archway Publishing, says she received my completed manuscript with requested changes for A Gift Of Love; she says she received my photograph selection number and the url link to Photos.com where it can be found, plus my bio photo, inside flap, keynote and back cover information. I also submitted my completed submission form.

Next step is to wait to hear back from Emma. Because of the long holiday weekend, I imagine it will happen sometime late this week.

There is a process to publishing A Gift of Love, just as there was a process to writing it. This is all very new to me, so I have got my listening ears on, plus my reading eyes opened wide.

Best part, dear reader, I am enjoying every bit of my journey. Yes. It is tremendous hard work. But, imagine. I am having fun. Why? Because I have discovered joy in doing something I truly love to do. And the good news is it hardly feels like work at all. Just kidding.

This morning in a slow rain, I drove South Broadway to the muncipal parking lot in White Plains. It was after I made a visit to the cemetery to plant a Revlon #300 lipstick kiss on Ed's monument and saying out loud, "I did it, Ed. I wrote A Gift of Love especially for you. And I fulfilled my promise." When I turned into the crowded parking lot, I didn't imagine a space being available, I thought I might have to turn around and forget about breakfast, but I thought of Ed and said out loud, like I always do when speaking to Ed, "Hey Ed, I need a parking space."

I confess, it felt like Moses parting the Red Sea. Because next thing I know, the line of cars ahead of me moved forward and an avenue to an empty parking space appeared.

Swear to god.

Yes. I parked Big Blue in that #1030  empty parking space. And as I shut and locked the doors, I added, just as loud, "Thank you, Ed!"



Writing Quote:

"Choose a job you love and you'll never have to work a day in your life."--Confucius

Writing Tip:

When sending attachments of files to editors, list them in the body of your email and send yourself a bcc.


P.S. It is a secret wish of mine to make contact with favorite author, Joan Didion. I'd love to do an interview, maybe get an autograph, give her a copy of A Gift of Love. Just saying.


See you in print,

Linda Della Donna
"Come journal with me; your book is yet to be."

No comments: