Pages

A Gift of Love Fan Page

Saturday, August 3, 2013

Virginia Beach is NOT for Lovers Only - Memories Are Made of This

I am home to my cozy space in New York. Chincoteague Beach, Virginia is a memory. But, thanks to my camera and the wonderful world of cybersapce, I can spend time reliving it whenever I choose. Here are a few more photos from famous Pony Run that hot humid July summer day when time seemed to stand still and I got to be a part of a dream.



After the ponies run on the beach, they are herded and penned.
Their care is sponsored by the Chincoteague Volunteer Fire Department.
Here, ponies wait for the vet to check them for disease or illness and given shots.
The new foals are counted and made ready for auction.



A  wild Chincoteague Pony poses for a head shot.


Peek-A-Boo Pony stares back at me as I click my camera. I look in his eyes and wish to take him, or one just like him, home. Inside my brain, I think of a name. I say if you were my pony, I'd name you Mr. Ed.


Camera Tip:

Carry a plastic bag in your pocket when on a photo shoot. Never know when a shelf cloud will appear and rain down on you and your expensive camera.

Camera Quote:

"I never thought I'd land in pictures with a face like mine."--Audrey Hepburn


No go shoot [with your camera] something. I dare you.

See you in print,

Linda Della Donna
"...And sometime when I wasn't looking, I got a new life."

No comments: