|Starbucks, Rye Ridge, NY|
There are times I cannot write.
I make excuses for those times.
Lots and lots of excuses.
Today I share my top ten reasons why I didn't write--Last year, last month, last week, and yesterday.
10. I broke my finger. Ouch! Yes, it hurt.
9. The wire connecting my internet connection on the pole leading from outside to inside my apartment came loose and I had to wait for the man to come and climb the pole and fix it.
8. My cat peed on my homework.
7. My next door neighbor yelled at me.
6. I was mourning the loss of my husband--Okay, it is 9 years, but it gets to me. Still. Just saying.
5. I threw up a hairball.
4. My teacher yelled at me--So what it was 6th grade and it is more than 50-something years ago. In case you didn't know I am a sensitive person--Most writers are. Just saying.
3. I had to clean the cat box.
2. I had to brush the cat.
And the Number 1 reason I didn't write is:
I was working up the courage to publish and editing my book--A Gift of Love, A Widow's Memoir!
Now go write something. Just do it. I dare you.
See you in print,
Linda Della Donna
"Come journal with me, your book is yet to be."
There is no good time to write. Stop waiting for it. Just open your notebook, pick up your pen, set a clock timer for fifteen minutes and write.
"...And if you wait for conditions to be perfect before you take action, you can sit around waiting forever and the world will literally pass you by."--Suzanne Lieurance