Pages

A Gift of Love Fan Page

Monday, August 12, 2013

Top Ten Reasons Why Linda Della Donna Did Not Write

Starbucks, Rye Ridge, NY



There are times I cannot write.

I make excuses for those times.

Lots and lots of excuses.

Today I share my top ten reasons why I didn't write--Last year, last month, last week, and yesterday.


10. I broke my finger. Ouch! Yes, it hurt.

9. The wire connecting my internet connection on the pole leading from outside to inside my apartment came loose and I had to wait for the  man to come and climb the pole and fix it.

8. My cat peed on my homework.

7. My next door neighbor yelled at me.

6. I was mourning the loss of my husband--Okay, it is 9 years, but it gets to me. Still. Just saying.

5. I threw up a hairball.

4. My teacher yelled at me--So what it was 6th grade and it is more than 50-something years ago. In case you didn't know I am a sensitive person--Most writers are. Just saying.

3. I had to clean the cat box.

2. I had to brush the cat.

And the Number 1 reason I didn't write is:

I was working up the courage to publish and editing my book--A Gift of Love, A Widow's Memoir!



Now go write something. Just do it. I dare you.

See you in print,

Linda Della Donna
"Come journal with me, your book is yet to be."

Writing Tip:

There is no good time to write. Stop waiting for it. Just open your notebook, pick up your pen, set a clock timer for fifteen minutes and write.

Writing Quote:

"...And if you wait for conditions to be perfect before you take action, you can sit around waiting forever and the world will literally pass you by."--Suzanne Lieurance

5 comments:

Wendy Dewar Hughes said...

Publishing and editing don't require courage any more than brushing your teeth requires courage. As a writer, those are just the things we do.

LindaDellaDonna said...

Hi Wendy,
Thank you for your wise wisdom, Wendy. I appreciate the reminder. You are an inspiration. I write for widows, we are a special breed. As you so well know, it is important to know our audience. For a widow, brushing your teeth, takes courage...especially, the early days. And yes, it has taken me courage to publish. I am proud of that. And I like that I can laugh again. Best wishes always. I visited your blog and wanted to leave a positive comment on your beautiful writing, but could not find a space for it.

Blessings. Thank you for stopping by. Thank you for commenting.

Love,

Linda Della Donna

Cerebrations.biz said...

Are you sure you are not still in school?

LindaDellaDonna said...

<3

Suzanne Lieurance said...

Linda, you are one of the most courageous women I know. You just don't seem to know it yet.

Now...get your book out there! People need to be able to read it.

Hugs,

Suzanne