Pages

A Gift of Love Fan Page

Friday, July 19, 2013

I Am A Dreamer -- I Dare to Dream Big





This is a photo of the public library where I live.
I dream to someday see my book on a shelf there.
I dream I am invited to be guest spearker on a Sunday afternoon in January and asked to do a book signing. Yes. I dare to dream BIG. 



"Get out of my way!"--something I tell myself every day.



Today is Friday, July 19, 2013.

It is nine years since I made a promise to write a book.

It is three years I started the book. Two years the book is written.

One year to get the nerve to put my work out there. *I just can't ignore the niggling voice in my head saying remember your promise one more day.*

Today, I work at publication. Today I set the deadline--8/23/13.

Yes, I finally got the nerve.





Writing Tip:

Find a tribe--a group of writers interested sincerely in supporting you and validating your craft.


Writing Quote:

"Let the chips fall where they may."--Line from my prologue in "A Gift of Love, A Widow's Memoir."

4 comments:

Dorit Sasson said...

You can do it, Linda!
Dream big!
Dorit Sasson
www.GivingVoicetoVoicelessBook.com
Giving Voice to Your Story

Suzanne Lieurance said...

It's a good book, Linda. Go for it!

Dream big! Reach for the stars!

Cerebrations.biz said...

ON eday earlier and it would hae been my daughter's birthday. Looking forward to the birth of YOUR new baby!

Casey Lindberg-Coghill said...

Good for you for continuing to follow your dream, even if you didn't meet the time requirements you set for yourself. It's never too late!!

http://veggiesandglitter.com