Pages

A Gift of Love Fan Page

Sunday, June 2, 2013

Oops! I made a miskate...




Miskates happen.

It is why pencils got erasers, computers got cut and paste and people got words saying I am sorry.

The other day I typed a message wishing everyone on my email list a Happy Thursday  It was Friday.

Oops. I made a miskate. ;]

And, I didn't realize it until it was too late. Because I had already hit send.


Writing Tip:

After typing your work, before you hit send, push back from your desk, and take a walk, even if it is only a short stroll into your kitchen to wash a fork, or rinse your coffee cup. If you are working at a cafe', take a break. When you return to your work, begin again. Read, read, read. You will be amazed what errors a fresh set of eyes will discover, and the sigh of relief you will breathe knowing you caught that misplaced comma or mistaken day of the week.

Writing Quote:

"I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best."--Marilyn Monroe

Now, go write something.

I dare you.

See you in print,

Linda Della Donna
"...Come journal with me, your book is yet to be."

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a quote, Linda... Not sure if I could "take" some people at their worse.. hg

LindaDellaDonna said...

I just love it when something I've posted prompts a comment or gets a reader to ponder a quote. I love it more when they pick up a pen and write something. Thank you, hg, for reading. Thank you for commenting.

See you in print,

Linda Della Donna

Sandy Campbell said...

Hi there...I have learned to look and look again before I complete a post. I did that yesterday, decided to see if anyone read the post and guess what? I didn't see two grammar errors! lol...it is always something isn't it! Great post, and enjoyed Marilyn's quote! Sandy

LindaDellaDonna said...

Hi Sandy,
One of the things I like about blogging, is I can go back and fix something--days, weeks and months later. :) Thanks for stopping by. Happy you enjoyed reading Marilyn's thought provoking words.

Linda